Monday, June 28, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

It looks like the Dog Days of Summer have arrived a little early this year. Not to blame the heat, but it has helped to delay a few posts to this here Blog. So to fill the time before I can get caught up, I figured I'd share some of my favorite "Summer" Albums with you. Now this doesn't mean these are "about" summer, just that I find that I always play them in the summer...
In no particular order:

Retreat From The Sun - That Dog
Live At Leeds - The Who
On The Third Day - Electric Light Orchestra
Van Halen - Van Halen
Van Halen II - Van Halen
I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project
Born To Quit - The Smoking Popes
ArgyBargy - Squeeze
Gish - Smashing Pumpkins
Rocket To Russia - The Ramones

That's sort of my Top 10 "Summer" albums (I know, I listed 12, that's why I said "sort of").

Now it's your turn, tell me some of your "Summer" albums.

3 comments:

  1. In Pursuit of Your Happiness by Mark Mulcahy.
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John.
    Any Weezer album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summertime music means singles to me. Singles and slapping the dashboard with the windows down.

    "It's Summertime" by The Jamies
    "Summer In The City" by The Lovin' Spoonful.
    Big Dance hits like The Macarena.
    "Born To Run" by Bruce.
    "New Shoes" by Paulo Nutini

    JV

    ReplyDelete