Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Song of the Week"

July has sure had it's share of fireworks... Since a few more KaBooms than I planned on kept me away from Blogging, I wanted to add one more KaBoom to finish off the month.

This week's IndepenDisc "Song of the Week" is a BiG KaBoom, A song I consider "One Of" the Best Local New Haven/CT songs of All-Time. Listen to it now (the song title is a direct stream link) and then tell me if you agree, or turn me on to what YOU think is "One Of" the Best local New Haven/CT songs of All-Time.

"Song of the Week" for 07-28-10 is: Rooster by: The Manchurians. off the CD: 5x4/The Minster EP.
Featured on IndepenDisc in Jun. of '08 ~ here's what I (G.Gone) had to say about it then...

~snip~... A powerful closing to a powerful disc. The Manchurians have ratcheted up the intensity by taking their blues base and committing it to the garage in a fashion that allows us to understand the beauty and power that can come from the blending of these genres, that came before, least we forget...~snip~ Read the entire review HERE.

1 comment:

  1. "I Got a Shirt" by The Mocking Birds
    "Chicks Dig It" by The Big Fat Combo
    "Big City Girls" by The Big Bad Johns
    "New Haven" by The Gravel Pit

    ReplyDelete