Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Song of the Week" ~ Atrina (+ gig info!)

Is it a coincidence that as I was prepping this week's "Song of the Week" by Atrina, the band announces a huge gig? On September 26, 2010 Connecticut's own Manic Productions is presenting Bettie Serveert, from The Netherlands along with New London, CT's Fatal Film and Atrina at Daniel Street in Milford CT.
I've loved Atrina since their '02 release “searching for a better way…” and Bettie Serveert since I found their '97 release "Dust Bunnies" in a cutout bin of a long defunct big box electronics store. I have only read many positive reviews on Fatal Film, and must say I'm anxious to see them play. All in all, this is a great bill that shouldn't be missed. I'll post more on this as we get closer to the show, in the meantime...

"Song of the Week" for 08-25-10 is: Seven Ways* by: Atrina. off the CD: (beautiful evidence).
Featured Oct. '08 ~ here's what I (G.Gone) had to say about it then...

~snip~...“(beautiful evidence)”…is as amazing an accomplishment of sound, style and substance as you will find in any of today’s recordings. You will be aurally hypnotized before you have a chance to realize what is going on...~snip~ Read the entire review HERE.

*Link is a direct audio stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment